|A pediatric occupational therapist.
Resources for Parents
- brighttots.com - great site for recommended toys
- eparent.com - Exceptional parent – Helpful articles, information, and advertisements for families of special needs children
- kidscrafts.com - great resource for holiday and seasonal craft activities, have printable worksheets
- feat.org - This site provides information to parents of children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders including Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), and Asperger’s Syndrome, and to professionals about FEAT, its goals, organization, and how FEAT can help families, as well as to provide information about other available resources.
- cureautismnow.com - updates and other links regarding the fight against autism
- sinetwork.org - site dedicated to giving parents information on sensory processing disorder
- kidshealth.org - general health and development from birth through adolescents
- Louder Than Words - A Mother's Journey in Healing Autism - By Jenny McCarthy
- The Out of Sync Child - By Carol Kranowitz, MA
-What to expect with a child that has sensory processing difficulties
- The Out of Sync Child Has Fun - By Carol Kranowitz, MA
-Fun strategies in regulating a child’s sensory system
- Sensory Integration and the Child - By Jean Ayres, Ph.D
-The guru in sensory integration
- Unraveling the Mystery of Autism and PDD - By Karyn Seroussi
A Mother’s Sory of Research and Recovery
- Sensorcises – Active Enrichment for the Out-of-Step Learner - By Laurie Glazener
Occupational Therapy Supplies (Catalogs)
The material presented here is not medical advice, and should not be considered as such.
The information contained on this website is intended ONLY as an educational
resource. It is not intended to convey advice for any specific child.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for providing appropriate
therapy based on an individual clients need and goals. The
owner of this site will not be liable for any direct,
indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages arising
© Copyright Kelly Redd 2008-2010
ClipArt from ABKL Designs